Sunday, October 23, 2011

Poor Ace

My Acer Aspire 5532 is slowly giving up on me. I call it Ace, by the way, and I do that to every gadget I buy. Like I bought a second-hand netbook in 2009, I named it "Sigma" because it is segunda mano. Then I bought a Canon DSLR and I called it "Mang Romy", named after the photographer neighbor we had when I was kid and my mom would always ask for his services during graduation and special church occasions. Anyway, Ace is starting to exhibit symptoms of what is more likely abuse than overuse. I am a self-confessed burara. But it's just because I use it every day so its safekeeping is more often conceded to just leaving it where I had to. But when I have the time to shine and buff Ace, oh golly gracious, does it shimmer! I take out all of the keys and carefully cleaning it with cotton swabs with alcohol and use a vacuum to get rid of the dust.

To relieve myself of guilt from being a brute owner, I admit, the problem lies on the charger of the battery. Yay! Still, it doesn't make me less of a cruel owner to my own possessions. Ace will only be turning 2 this April and I'm really having a great time with it. No fuss. No hangups. He is still Ace na makinis externally and internally, everything is working out just like when I bought it. Ace is not aging, no memory gaps. Ace has no arthritis, all keys are functioning good as new. No scratches. No, I'm not marketing Ace for selling purposes. The only flaw it has now is just the charging pin or the writhed cord from the pin down to that small box where all the electronic labels are.

I'm not ready to give it up. When I have someone or I could have something to fix it, I promise I'll take good care of Ace. We both shall have more tweets, updates, and blogs to share. Ace, hang in there buddy! :D

Mindless habitual behavior is the enemy of innovation.

No comments:

Post a Comment